Youth Choral Scholarship Scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for young people who want singing to be part of their lives, either as a future professional or as a keen amateur. Sussex Chorus is offering this scheme to young people aged from 16 to 19 who might be studying music at A-Level or beyond. What is most important is that you share our passion for singing and like the idea of exploring a wider choral repertoire.
We can offer you:
- Free annual membership of a high standard choir, worth over £100
- Experience of rehearsing and performing a wide range of choral works led by our professional music director
- One to one or small group vocal tuition from our musical director (a professional singer)
- A certificate to add to your portfolio and CV
- The experience of being part of a friendly and welcoming choir who have a passion for singing
How to Apply
Potential candidates can apply online via the link below or download an application form to print off and fill in. We will also ask for a letter of recommendation from your singing teacher (if you have one) or from a music teacher or tutor.
We will review all applications and invite promising applicants for an interview and audition with our musical director. If successful and invited to join the programme, you should start early in 2023 and will sign an agreement to sing with the choir for a year.